|Project Control Specialist – Job Description
We are currently seeking resumes from qualified Project Control Specialists to join our office in Irvine (California). This is a great opportunity to join our growing company and work on high-profile infrastructure projects throughout North America. This position will support our projects in the US and Canada.
The primary duties will include supporting our Project Management teams with leading scheduling, controls, reporting, resourcing, and projections, and to facilitate project reviews with our Executive team including the identification of risks and mitigation strategies for our major or high-risk projects. The candidate should have sound technical skills and experience with building P6 and MS Project schedules for large construction projects including pre-construction and design activities. They will be involved with numerous projects concurrently and must be comfortable with prioritizing assignments. This position will be based in our Irvine (California) office although they will be assigned to projects in all our offices. Travel will be required and temporary relocation to project offices may also be required.
• Developing, implementing and maintaining effective scheduling management systems.
• Project Management support. Consulting with Project Managers and Technical Experts to set up assignments, tasks and subtasks for bids and new projects.
• Coordinating project timelines of bids and new projects.
• Identifying potential project schedule delays and facilitating intervention in a timely manner.
• Evaluating performance and preparing project progress reports.
• Recommending actions to keep projects within budget and complete on time.
• Project Controls, including cost control, continuous forecasting, staffing analysis and reporting the performance and progress of projects.
• Maintain current and forecasted cash flow of projects.
• Change Management support
• Risk Management support
• Contract Review support
• Resource Planning
• Claims Analysis and Mitigation support
• Complete ad hoc assignments to support the delivery of bids and projects across the different Practices.
Project Control Specialist – Required Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field.
· 3+ years of project controls experience related to design and construction.
· Primavera P6 and MS Project proficiency in building schedules and analyzing critical path activities.
· Experience working with Doors, Procore or similar desired.
· PE License in California desired or ability to obtain in 12-months from date of hire.
· Understanding of, and experience with, project delivery methods (DBB, DB, CMAR/CMGC) and contracts.
· Ability to facilitate risk reviews, perform risk assessments/analysis and development of risk mitigation strategies.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and data management skills.
· Must be an excellent communicator with the ability to prepare clear reports including oral presentations.
· Ability to coordinate/conduct meetings.
· Able to work in collaboration with project level staff, project managers, corporate, accounting and executives.
Working Conditions and Environment:
This position will require general supervision and will have to use independent judgment within established guidelines. Generally uses advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret, or make deductions from varying facts or circumstances. Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.
AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Paid-time-Off, and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing program.
AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the United States. AZTEC has offices in California, Colorado, Indiana, Nevada, and Texas. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, an international consulting engineering firm with over 2,600 employees and more than 50 offices worldwide providing multidisciplinary consulting services in the fields of civil engineering, architecture and environment. AZTEC has a diverse culture that focuses on providing rich opportunities for its employees.
AZTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or marital status.
Please apply online at www.aztec.us/career.