We are currently seeking resumes from qualified Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Project Manager candidates for our local Denver, Colorado satellite office. This position requires client contact during the entire life of a project, which includes, but not limited to; proposals negotiation, projects and labor scheduling, preparing and submitting the necessary permits, utility records request, supervision, perform various field labor tasks, invoice preparation for approval. Field labor includes, ability to perform utility designating (QL-B) of multiple utilities as well as supervising vacuum excavation (QL-A) tasks. These responsibilities include documenting and preparing an excel report of the field finding as well as other office duties.
Ability to travel required.
- Facilitates as the project’s main point of contact with Client and Sub-consultant
- Coordinates technical requirements with “Project Team”
- Manages and reviews the performance of projects, ensuring adherence to scope, schedule, budget and quality
- Coordinates with Project Principal, and other division or group leaders and “Project Team”, as required
- Leads and/or supports the preparation of proposals while coordinating with SUE Division Leader, Project Principal and other internal/external groups
- Coordinates setting up with project details with Accounting for billing and invoicing
- Reviews and provides comments/recommendations to Project Principal before final signatures
- Reviews and negotiates contract fees and sub-consultant fees while coordinating with Project Principal
- Coordinates with SUE Group Manager regarding the need and approval for overtime for non-exempt employees working on the project
- Monitors and manages project accounts receivable, unbilled labor, billing review reports and provides timely input to Project Principal in the form of submitting regular reports
- Seeks assistance from direct supervisor to resolve unpaid invoices
- Keeps SUE Division Leader and Project Principal abreast of project status and major issues
SUE Project Manager – Required Skills:
- Minimum education is a High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum ten (10) years of Subsurface Utility Engineering experience
- Basic computer skills, which includes MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Expertise with electronic utility locating techniques and equipment
- Be able to pass a drug screening and background check
- Clean driving record
- Ability to work extended hours, including weekends and evenings
- Ability to travel to multiple work sites and occasional out-of-own travel
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and move typical manhole lids
- Ability to walk up to 5 miles in the course of a day’s work
- Ability to work outside for a full shift
Working Conditions and Environment:
This position will require general supervision and will have to use independent judgment within established guidelines. Generally uses advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret, or make deductions from varying facts or circumstances. Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.
AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Paid-time-Off, and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing program.
AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the United States. AZTEC has offices in California, Colorado, Indiana, Nevada, and Texas. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, an international consulting engineering firm with over 2,600 employees and more than 50 offices worldwide providing multidisciplinary consulting services in the fields of civil engineering, architecture and environment. AZTEC has a diverse culture that focuses on providing rich opportunities for its employees.
AZTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or marital status.
Please apply online at www.aztec.us/career.
Contact Person: April Romero – Human Resources Manager