We are currently seeking resumes from qualified Roadway Project Engineers for our Phoenix, Arizona office. The initial role is to perform and be responsible for roadway design activities for municipal, county and/or ADOT projects for streets/highways/freeways training toward project management if desired. The applicant should be capable of providing and taking direction to/from staff to perform a full range of professional roadway engineering assignments in a full-functioning capacity including managing budgets, discipline tasks, and projects while being responsible for client deliverables. The candidate should be self-motivated, technically proficient, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, and is team-oriented. The position requires preparation and checking of design calculations, quantities, cost estimates and project plans civil structures. Additional duties may include field assessment and inspection of facilities. The ideal candidate is also willing to travel periodically and is capable of performing field work.
This position will perform a full range of professional transportation engineering assignments in a full-functioning capacity as part of the Roadway Discipline Group. Engineering judgment is required to carry out assignments that have significant impact on projects and design tasks.
Specific duties will include:
- Apply civil engineering principles to work assignments.
- Proficiently design a variety of civil engineering projects utilizing computer aided design and drafting software.
- Have an understanding of what is required to produce engineering plans, specifications and reports.
- Preparation and checking of design calculations, quantities, cost estimates, specifications and project plans.
- Ability to coordinate with staff including other project engineers, engineers-in-training, designers and drafters.
- Ensuring the completion of work based on budgets and project schedules.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize project data.
- Prepare findings and make recommendations based on analytical data.
- Perform effective technical writing and correspondence.
- Report findings using a variety of media including maps, graphics, charts, tables, presentations and written reports.
- Proficiently perform computerized design, word processing and writing/editing.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and use good judgment in prioritizing work assignments.
- Attend or conduct various meetings as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and clients.
- Prepare technical write-ups for proposals.
- Assist with business development and marketing efforts on transportation project pursuit.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE)
• Minimum of five years of design experience
• Seeking 5 – 15 year roadway designer
• P.E, Registration is required in AZ
• Proficiency in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
• InRoads and Civil 3D experience a plus
• Experience with Microsof Office (work, Excel, Project)
• Primavera and Project Wise software is a plus
Working Conditions and Environment:
This position will require general supervision and will have to use independent judgment within established guidelines. Generally uses advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret, or make deductions from varying facts or circumstances. Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.
AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the United States. AZTEC has offices in California, Colorado, Indiana, Nevada, and Texas. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, an international consulting engineering firm with over 2,600 employees and more than 50 offices worldwide providing multidisciplinary consulting services in the fields of civil engineering, architecture and environment. AZTEC has a diverse culture that focuses on providing rich opportunities for its employees. AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Paid-time-Off, and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing program. AZTEC is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to affirmative action planning.