|Senior Roadway Project Engineer – Job Description
We are currently seeking resumes from qualified Senior Roadway Project Engineers to join our Irvine, California office. The role will be to perform and be responsible for leading roadway design activities for a variety of municipal, county and Caltrans projects for streets/highways/freeways. Our ideal candidate will be capable of leading a design squad and providing direction to other staff while performing a full range of professional roadway engineering assignments including modeling, preparation of design calculations, plan production, quantities, cost estimates, reports and quality control. This person should be team-oriented, self-motivated, technically proficient, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. The position will entail a full range of professional roadway design activities, serving in a key technical role for development of our projects and providing the framework for multidisciplined teams to deliver our projects.
Specific duties will include:
· Lead the roadway-geometric technical design aspects for a variety of transportation projects, including coordination with other team members and disciplines
· Apply a broad understanding of civil engineering concepts to reach innovative and interdependent solutions
· Prepare and check plans, earthwork/3D models, design calculations, geometric-fact sheets, quantities, cost estimates and reports
· Participate in inter-discipline quality reviews. Perform checking and design quality reviews
· Read and interpret engineering plans, specifications and reports
· Collect, analyze, and summarize project data. Prepare findings and make recommendations based on analytical data, including maps, graphics, charts, tables, presentations and written reports
· Perform effective technical writing and correspondence including technical write-ups for proposals
· Assist with business development and marketing efforts on transportation project pursuits
· Ensure the completion of work based on budgets and project schedules
Senior Roadway Project Engineer – Required Skills:
· Minimum education requires is B.S. in Civil Engineering
· Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive experience demonstrating strong technical geometric abilities and modeling for civil engineering and transportation projects including inter-discipline coordination
· California PE (Civil)
· Experience with Southern California transportation/transit agency projects, such as Caltrans, RCTC, OCTA, SBCTA, LA Metro and other Counties/Cities.
· Track record in high-quality technical design deliverables and meeting scope, schedules and budgets on major transportation projects
· Ability to lead a roadway design team for geometric design, earthwork modeling, maintenance of traffic, plan preparation, quality reviews
· Project/task management- schedule tasks, assign resources, monitor progress, discipline communication and coordination
· Be proficient in: MicroStation and/or AutoCAD, InRoads/ORD, Civil 3D, MS Project, Project Wise and MS Office
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with capacity to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas to peers, senior staff and clients.
Working Conditions and Environment:
This position will require general supervision and will have to use independent judgment within established guidelines. Generally uses advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret, or make deductions from varying facts or circumstances.
Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.
AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Paid-time-Off, and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing program.
AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the United States. AZTEC has offices in California, Colorado, Indiana, and Nevada. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, an international consulting engineering firm with over 2,600 employees and more than 50 offices worldwide providing multidisciplinary consulting services in the fields of civil engineering, architecture and environment. AZTEC has a diverse culture that focuses on providing rich opportunities for its employees.
AZTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please apply online at www.aztec.us/career.