We are currently seeking resumes from qualified Senior Engineers to serve as the Signaling Railway Engineer for North America. This position will support our strategic growth in North America and will widen our business opportunities.
The candidate must have sound technical knowledge with the ability to lead signaling. He/She will be required to interface with clients, and Federal, Local and State government contacts for projects located anywhere within North America. This position will be located in our Santa Ana, California office, however travel will be required.
- Work on a varied and challenging range of projects and contribute to the continuous growth of the Rail and Transit department in a successful engineering company with the career progression opportunities that this brings
- Technical and project management contribution to signaling projects.
- Technical input in order to meet the design requirements for signaling projects.
- Engage with clients, conveying an in-depth understanding of the railway signaling industry to identify opportunities to advise and support them in resolving their key issues.
- Ensure that designs adhere to necessary federal, state, and local standards and laws, understanding of AREMA, FRA, and XENELEC standards
- Develop new business through technical proposal development, networking, specialized service offerings, client interaction, conference participation and professional reputation
- Ensures internal communication and coordination of design efforts occurs
- Able to manage the financial performance and reporting requirements; stay within established schedule and budget
- Provide advanced technical knowledge in signaling engineering, for federal, state and local governments
- Lead complex projects and support other projects or phases of large projects
- Develop project scopes and budgets, interfacing with clients, mentoring and development of junior staff and design/drafters, and development of project plans and schedules
- Demonstrate clear and concise, oral and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings, resources, and presentations
- Availability to support TYPSA Group Systems Department in overseas projects. Required Skills:
- Minimum of a BS in Engineering or related technical discipline
- 10+ years of experience
- PE License in California is required. PE in other states are highly recommended
- Experience in the design of signal systems with some of the following technologies: CTC, cab signaling, fixed block, ATC, ATP, PTC, CBTC, micro-processor based systems, highway crossing design, vital and non-vital circuit design in ABS territory, and Interlockings
- Familiarized on System safety analysis, safety case development; whole system requirements specification / definition; reliability, availability, maintainability and safety (RAMS); systems integration
- Familiarized on railway telecommunications such as CCTV, Telephone Network (EPABX), Passenger Information System (PAS/PIS), On board Metro Railway Communication System, Security and Access Control System, Fire Alarm System, Structured Cabling
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and data management skills are essential
- Must be an excellent communicator with extensive experience to include technical writing, oral presentation, facilitation and executive level synthesis
- Must demonstrate ability to manage projects, develop work and provide excellent client service.
- Able to work in collaboration with other engineering disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Ability and experience working in different project delivery environments such as design-bid-build and design-build contracting as well as multicultural and international projects
- Working Conditions and Environment:
This position will require general supervision and will have to use independent judgment within established guidelines. Generally uses advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret, or make deductions from varying facts or circumstances. Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.
AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the United States. AZTEC has offices in California, Colorado, Indiana, Nevada, and Texas. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, an international consulting engineering firm with over 2,600 employees and more than 50 offices worldwide providing multidisciplinary consulting services in the fields of civil engineering, architecture and environment. AZTEC has a diverse culture that focuses on providing rich opportunities for its employees. AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Paid-time-Off, and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing program. AZTEC is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to affirmative action planning.
Please apply online.
Contact Person: April Romero – Human Resources Manager